A culinary experience consists of tastes, scents, visual inputs, sounds and sensory experiences ... like
- Enjoying the sight of a beautifully set table,
- Hearing the crispy top of a cake crack as you cut it,
- Smelling the sweet cinnamon and apples,
- Seeing the colours and feeling the crispiness of the cake blending with the soft and airy cream, and
- Experiencing a symphony of taste as you take the first bite ...
We are eating with out eyes, so you want to focus especially on the details in food photography.
I added a tiny branch with flowers to the corner of the plate to give a feeling of festive coziness. I had the colour play in mind as well: The white and yellow flowers, and the green needles, go together with the green marzipan and the colours in the lemon slice.
In editing I wanted to create an overall warm glow to the photo. To achieve a natural look, I decided to use photo veils from Love That Shot, since they blend softly and seamlessly to the image.
- I started with increasing slightly the brightness and the contrast of the original image.
- Thereafter I added the following 2 photo veils:
And that's it - easy and delicious - Ain't it!
Why don't you give it a go and try photo veils: You can download a FREE sample by following this link to Love That Shot-website.
... With Scrumptious greetings,