Tuesday 12 July 2016

Add Soft Evening Sun Glow with Photo Veils [Photo Recipe]


Japanese Anemones, sometime also called "Pink Saucers", are some of my favourite flowers. I like the slim and long stem, and the pale pink flowers, with uneven petals, the orange stamen and the light green receptacle. 

Yesterday evening we walked by a whole field of Pink Saucers - such a beautiful sight! My big camera was at home, so I took some photos with my iPhone camera. It was cloudy and about to rain - which gave a fine and even light - but as I edited the photos today, I wanted to create a feeling of a setting sun behind the flowers, using photo veils from Love that Shot.

Photo recipe:

  • I cropped the photo, leaving the flower in focus to the right side of the photo. In Lightroom, I sharpened the flower in focus, boosting slightly the clarity, sharpening and contrast, with the brush mask. 
  • Then I opened the photo in Photoshop, and applied the Privet photo veil from the Botanical Collection, using soft light blending mode with 50% opacity.
  • To create a mild vignette effect, I applied Low Spotlight Right photo veil from the Illumination Collection using soft light blending mode 100%.
  • The Evening Sun Glow effect is created with 2 photo veils:



I like to tweak my photos with photo veils and textures - they enable me to create a photo with just the right mood and light, I wish to convey.


Photo veils enable me - literally - to create some sunshine to a cloudy day ... Maintaining the natural look I appreciate, since I can adjust both the volume of the effect, by choosing the blending mode and the opacity.


Every now and then I edit some of my iPhone photos in Lightroom and Photoshop - like the photo from yesterdays walk. 


Now that I know where to find the Japanese Anemones, I will try going back with my big DSLR camera, to take even sharper photos with shallow depth of field... to be able to make a large print of these beauties, the sea of "Pink Saucers".




... Wishing you an inspiring and beautiful summer:

Let us enjoy the moments outside -
The Scandinavian summer is short,
so each moments out in the Great Outdoors 
is to be cherished, 

Nina


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love the soft evening glow look. Such a pretty photo, my friend. Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, soft photos, Nina! Thank you for sharing the techniques! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//