Saturday 9 January 2016

Welcome 2016



I have caught myself a few times writing 2015 instead of 2016 ... Yet I have noticed the mistake, just as I have written the number 6 - It's fun to observe one's habits adjusting actually rather fast - in some things ...

The new year brings about a feeling of freshness - a new paper calendar for 2016 starts with empty pages to be filled - I do like the symbolical act of holding the new, empty calendar in my hand: Holding the coming year, 365 days ...

My resolution for 2016 is to have no resolutions as such.
A word for 2016 is just in the tip of my tongue... I am patiently letting it to find its form and sound.

I cherish the following words of Thich Nhat Hahn - they make one feel light and at ease:

Be yourself.
Life is precious as it is.
All the elements for your happiness are already there.
There is no need to run, strive, search or struggle.
Just be.

:   :   :




The sweet everyday life is catching up on us:
It has been nice to see colleges after holidays - and be positively surprised that you actually remember the codes both to the pc and network!
Adjusting yourself from being a B person back to being an A person.
Morning routines with setting the tea over and toasting the bread, wondering if it is going to snow or rain later on and checking the weather ... 
And realizing all of a sudden, that it already is Friday - And that the weekend is at hand!

:   :   :

I wish you in 2016
Good health and many special moments with those dear to you,
wisdom to choose how and where to set your focus and energy,
and time each day to that which matters most to you,

Nina


Sharing with 

Photo Friday by Jen

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, precious friend! I am excited to see what 2016 holds in store and it will be a delight to continue to follow you and your blog :)

    Much love to you, Nina! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina, Happy New Year to you. I hope that all your dreams come true in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this new year brings you blessings beyond measure sweet lady.....I too am holding off on choosing a word. One has just not presented itself to me yet. I love the quote you left us with...just beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sentiments, and I love a new paper calendar too! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those words are perfection. Happy hugs from afar, Nina! I'm excited for what toys year brings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nina, happy New Year!!
    Thanks for this beautiful post.
    Have a lovely Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 2016! Your pics and words are always a blessing!This post has so many great lines to reflect on! 'the idea of holding a new year in the form of a paper calendar really caught my fancy and this. 'Adjusting yourself from being a B person back to being an A person.':) yes!
    Thank-you for the idea of an e-book! and your kind encouragement.

    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Happy New Year to you too.. I sure hope all your dream come to be...I am still catching myself writing 2015 too..wink!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I had organized my life better, I would have started a new journal at the beginning of year...I find my journals to be like your paper calendar - filled with potential and possibility.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Photo Friday! Can't wait to see your word for 2016

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//