Tuesday 13 October 2015

Nail Therapy


I DO NOT WEAR NAIL POLISH OFTEN, BUT I LIKE TO "DO THE NAILS" EVERY TWO WEEKS OR SO. TAKING TIME FOR ONE SELF - SELF CARE - IS IMPORTANT - WEATHER IT IS TO TAKE A WALK, READ A BOOK OR SOMETHING ELSE.
"NAIL THERAPY" IS A THING I LIKE TO DO ... I FIND IT RELAXING BOTH FOR THE BODY AND MIND.

TO START WITH, I POUR SOME WARM WATER TO A BOWL, AND ADD A FEW DROPS OF ALMOND OIL AND LAVENDER OIL, AND SOAK MY HANDS IN THE WATER FOR SOME MINUTES. THE SCENT OF LAVENDEL IS CALMING AND MAKES ONE UNWIND ... ALMOND OIL SOFTENS THE SKIN AND ABSORBS TO YOUR HANDS EASILY. AFTER DRYING MY HANDS I MASSAGE THE FINGERS AND FINGERTIPS, SOFTENINGS AND PUSHING THE CUTICLES GENTLY BACK.


THERAFTER I APPLY A LAYER OF TRANSPARENT NAIL POLISH - ONCE IN A WHILE ALSO A LAYER WITH COLOR - FINISHING WITH A LAYER OF TRANSPARENT POLISH. 


AUTUMN AND WINTER ARE HARD FOR HANDS, MAYBE DUE THE COLD WEATHER. MY FRIEND GAVE ME A LOVELY HANDCREAM THAT HAS A MILD SCENT OF LILLY FLOWERS, AND THAT ABSORBS QUICKLY.


BESIDES "NAIL THERAPY", I FIND ANOTHER ORDINARY HOUSEHOLD ACTIVITY AS RELAXING ... CAN YOU GUESS WHAT?
- IRONING. YES I KNOW, THAT'S WEIRD - BUT IRONING HAS THE SAME, CALMING EFFECT TO ME AS DOING NAILS ... THE SCENT OF CLEAN COTTON, THE WARMT AND SILENT VOICES OF THE STEAM FROM THE IRON ... 

WHAT DO YOU FIND RELAXING?

... UNTIL NEXT TIME,
NINA

P.S. I HAVE GOTTEN A TRIPOD, AND I AM LEARNING TO USE IT, TOGETHER WITH THE SELF-TIMER OF MY NIKON ... THIS SERIES OF PHOTOS IS MY FIRST ONE WITH THE TRIPOD. I HAD A LITTLE HARD TIME SETTING THE FOCUS CORRECT, SO IN ONE OF THE PHOTOS THE FOCUS IS ON THE ROSES, NOT IN THE HANDCREAM ...  I AM IN THE PROCESS OF LEARNING - LEARNING BY DOING.

P.S.2. SOMETHING WENT WRONG WITH THE LOGITECH WIRELESS KEYBOARD, SO IT ONLY WRITES BLOCK LETTERS - I MUST HAVE HIT A BUTTON THAT MADE THE CHANGE (IT IS NOT SECRET THAT IN SOME REGARD I AM HOPELESSLY AN A-TECHNICAL PERSON!)

7 comments:

  1. Nina, I just got a tripod as well and I have been practicing. I think you did a great job for your first time. Your nails look beautiful and yes it is very relaxing to take care of one's hands. I am afraid I don't do as good a job in that area as I should. One of the ways I like to relax is to fill my tub full of lavender scented bath oils and bubbles, relax my head on a tub pillow, turn the jets on and close my eyes as the water runs all over me covering me in a wonderful aroma. It's almost like a gentle message.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tutorial, well done! I do like that shade of pink polish. Reading and going for long walks always relax me, and let's not forget a hot bath. Ironing, however, I do not like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Nina - I think that you have done a wonderful job using your tripod for the first time! Your nails do look lovely in that sweet shade of pink. I also love your blouse :) Scented hand lotion is a sweet luxury and so nice in the winter when skin is dry from the heaters. I can understand how ironing relaxes you - I enjoy it myself. When I want to relax I love to read pretty magazines and blogs for inspiration. I am relaxing now! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like ironing as well. I'm coming out now that there are two of us :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this great tutorial!!!!
    Have a nice evening

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nails look so classy, Nina! I love your coffee mug, also, and that lily of the valley cream tube! So pretty!
    I rarely wear nails polish on my fingers, but I am learning too, the good feelings of taking care of myself in these small ways, I love to massage in hand creams, especially in the cold months as you said. And I've learned to give myself a nice spa like pedicure at home, soaking my feet in salts .. so relaxing! The small simple things.. they are good for us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't remember the last time I polished my nails - it was probably during our summer holidays in July. Due to my work I rarely polish my nails, rather have them clean because it drives me mad when they chip and I cannot find the nail polish remover at home or my daughter had used it all and forgot to buy another one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//