Saturday 2 May 2015

A Beautiful Day


Spring time is a season for Confirmations. According to the Lutheran tradition, young people at the age of 14-15, will be attending Confirmation classes taught by the local priest. The classes culminate to a public profession of faith in the church, and a dinner party with family and friends afterwards.




Yesterday a very sweet young girl, (almost an adult), the daughter of my friend, had her Confirmation. It was a pleasure to be a part of her day ... I was going back the memory lane: Remembering her being a tiny toddler carrying her teddy bear everywhere ... Her 1st day at the school, now with a schoolbag and a proud smile ... Then came the horses and riding, a hobby she still is very fond of.




There very many opportunities for me to practice taking portraits - above one of my dear husband. 




The dinner with silverware, and the delicious food made with love, with speeches and plays, was a joyous and happy celebration.




She wore the dress, her mother was wearing in her own Confirmation for a decade+ years ago ... How wonderful it is to wear a vintage dress, from your mom's childhood!




Yes, it was a beautiful day!

Nina


Sharing with 


Friday Photo Journal


Photos taken with Nikon D3200, edited in Lightroom and Photoshop. 
I have added photo veils Peach Glow and Rosy Glow from the Illumination Collection by Love that Shot with blending mode Soft Light with 20-30 % opacity.

6 comments:

  1. This is a stunningly beautiful post - thank you very much for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I'm Lutheran too and this brought back so many memories of confirmation. A wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the setting, and the black and white, the dress, the details...all just so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such a wonderful time, Nina. I love that vintage dress and your photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet - love your beautiful portraits. The dress is so special. I remember my confirmation day....a special time. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful time, Nina! Stunning portraits! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//