Friday 30 January 2015

Stray Thoughts and Snapshots


iPhone 5S: Camera+, VSCOcam, Mextures, Stackables, PicFx, DistressedFx


Joy does not simply happen to us.
We must choose joy and
keep choosing it every day.

Henri J.M. Nouwen



iPhone 5S: Camera+, Snapseed, VSCOcam, RhonnaDesigns - Textures by FrenchKiss & Coppercurls Designs

Goodwill is reciprocal.
The good thoughts you send out to others
will return to you multiplied.

Grenville Kleiser


A dear and inspiring friend, Amanda from the Wildly Simple -blog, wrote about her 10 Goals for 2015. One of her goals is to send a handwritten note so someone each week -  Ins't it right that one of the best surprises is to open your mailbox and see a handwritten card or an envelope from a friend! I was inspired by Amanda's goal and will also be sending a weekly card or a note ... In the good, old fashioned way: Handwritten and in an envelope. 

iPhone 5S: Camera+, Snapseed, ClassicVintagePhotoApp, ImageBlender

This sweet fellow above keeps me company at my office. I found this furry buddy in the bottom of a box in flee market - and I was sold that very moment!


iPhone 5S: Snapseed, Glaze, Stackables, DistressedFx - Textures by FrenchKiss & Coppercurls Designs

A dream, strayed into daylight.

C.S.Lewis

The weather has been sunny, cloudy, rainy ... It's been windy and still, and we've gotten a few snow flakes as well. 

It is lovely to notice that the days are getting longer - it is not completely dark anymore, when I'm biking to work in the mornings...

Waking up this morning, I smile. 
Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. 
I vow to live fully in each moment.

Thich Nhat Hanh

... Weekend greetings,

Nina

10 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, both the images and words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love handwritten notes and send them to my 2nd grade students throughout the year. Always fun to get a motivational note in the mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charming photos and inspirational quotes, Nina! I love the idea of sending the hand-written notes! I have noticed the longer days, too - it is very nice. Hope your weekend is lovely. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps Amanda has started a movement! I sent out two of my cards yesterday. Today, I got a handwritten note in the mail. I like that landscape shot. I just got Distressed Fx and am liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your images, Nina! Your furry friend is adorable and your edit superb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful images, all of them! Have a lovely weekend, Nina! Greetings from sunny Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quotes are thought provoking and I love your personal shots. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that line. Twenty four brand new hours are before me. Thanks for using my textures. I should use my own more often. Maybe make some new ones. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have so enjoyed reading your post Nina, and love the photo and the quote of choosing JOY. That is so true. That is also such a great idea to send out handwritten notes. I love making cards and have lots of craft stuff t hat I use for this. I also often incorporate my photography in the card. Such fun and love trying to really be original for what ever the thought or occassion is. Great idea! Also thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Best to you from Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. a note sent with thoughtful words and to receive such a note is always a delight that fills one soul with joy.. Your photo images are always eye catching and edited so well..
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//