Friday 15 August 2014

City Views and Fridays finds

Hipstamatic App, Snapseed

It is always nice to find a new biking route and discover new views along the way. 
I have been biking through Christianshavn and along the Citadel Kastellet
I've been admiring the serpentine spire tower of the Church of Our Saviour, a beautiful building in baroque style. The Church of Our Saviour is famous for the tower and the 400 steps, that enables you to climb to the top!

Camera +, Snapseed & VSCOcam

When I moved to Copenhagen for 18 years ago, I enrolled for a course in Danish Culture and History in the university. I still remember the lecture of the Danish monarch Christian IV, who reigned for 59 years, from 1588 to 1648. He is know for the impressive buildings he established during his reign, both in Copenhagen and other parts in Danmark, also in Sweden and Norway. 

Today Christianshavn in central Copenhagen is not only a beautiful place to visit, but also an attractive neighbourhood to live. I find the houseboats being very charming!


Camera+, Snapseed, TangledFx, Mextures & PhotoFusion

As I was biking, I noticed also very colourful tree trunk. As I got closer, I could see that it was decorated with pretty, crocheted squares!  That creative find - the decorated oak  - inspired me to find my crochet needle ... 


Camera+, Mextures, Snapseed


... And now there is a dishcloth in making. 

What has caught your attention this week?


... Wishing you a nice Friday and a splendid weekend,

Nina



7 comments:

  1. I love my crocheted dishcloths!!!! A beautiful scenic bike ride filled with lots of beauty, Nina!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have thought to cover a tree with crocheted pieces??? Amazing!!!
    diane @ thoughts and shots

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! You took great pictures that make me want to visit Copenhagen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos. The spiral tower looked amazing. You must have had a fabulous bike ride. All the best, Bonny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful views! I hope I will visit Copenhagen some day, even just for weekend. So many beautiful places to see so little time, ehhh. I wish I could crochet too, but I have no patience for it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//