Monday 1 October 2012

A Fine Day



 The moment when you first wake up in the morning 
is the most wonderful of the twenty-four hours. 
No matter how weary or dreary you may feel, 
 you possess the certainty that, 
during the day that lies before you, 
absolutely anything may happen. 
And the fact that it practically always doesn't, matters not a jot. 
The possibility is always there.

Monica Baldwin




An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.

Henry David Thoreau 





I know the plans I have for you,
declares the Lord,
plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and future.

Jeremiah 29:11



The Snail

He cannot fly.
He cannot hop.
He cannot run at all.
But you should see
The way he goes
Slowly up the wall.




He cannot skip
Or race about.
He has one way to go;
And as I watched him
I must say
He's good at going slow. 






The Wild Rose

Sometimes, hidden from me in daily custom and in ritual
I live by you unaware, as if by the beating of my heart.
Suddenly you flare again in my sight
A wild rose at the edge of the thicket where yesterday there was only
shade
And I am blessed and choose again,
That which I chose before.

Wendell Berry




 When the blackberries hang
swollen in the woods, in the brambles
nobody owns, I spend

all day among the high
branches, reaching
my ripped arms, thinking

of nothing, cramming
the black honey of summer
into my mouth; all day my body

accepts what it is. In the dark
creeks that run by there is
this thick paw of my life darting among

the black bells, the leaves; there is
this happy tongue.

Mary Oliver





That was a memorable day to me, for it made great changes in me. 
But in the same way with any life. 
Imagine one selected day struck out of it, 
and think how different its course would have been. 
Pause you who read this, and think for a moment 
of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, 
that would never have bound you, 
but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day.

Charles Dickens






12 comments:

  1. Lovely selection of photos and quotes. If only I were an early riser, what great photos I might get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the photos and the quotes. The quotes are so positive, which is a hard thing to be sometimes in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn! I find the quotes also encouraging, and I like to read a few uplifting lines in the mornings (often a Psalm) to get a good start for the coming day :-)

      Delete
  3. Vilka vackra bilder och fina citat!
    Tack för besöket hos mig.
    Må så gott!
    Ninni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tak Ninni! Jeg ser frem til dine nye posts / billeder - den serie fra Portugal / ved havet er virkelig smuk - der er en utrolig lethed i den lys, der er på billederne!

      Delete
  4. With the exception of the ocean, I'd swear you were in Nebraska! Lovely fall colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, you capture amazingly the vast nature in your pictures - I'd love to visit Nebraska & experience the beautiful & wild nature! The vivid colors of autumn are beautiful :-)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful pictures. Love the blackberries! mmmm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//